Location: Twinsburg, OH
The Technical Support Engineer-SOFIA will be responsible for remote telephone and direct on-site technical support of new and existing SOFIA solutions (including bed, workstation and remote access servers) at hospitals, imaging centers and reading groups.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer technical inquiries related to software products
- Proactively communicate with customers to maintain positive relationships
- Utilize information tools, training, and experience to provide high level of customer satisfaction
- Participate in system administration duties and projects designed to decrease emergency technical support interactions and system downtime
- Perform system updates
- Educate customers in system use and best practice methods, enabling them to provide top notch healthcare
- Increase revenue streams by developing new sales opportunities and programs during customer interactions
- Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits of SOFIA
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering; or a comparable combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of four (4) years related professional experience preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of current network technologies preferred.
- Experience with VMWare and Storage Solutions preferred.
- Experience with PACS Systems, HL7 and DICOM are highly desired.
- Radiology Workflow experience highly preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional-Windows Server: 2008/2012 or later-preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
This position typically works in usual medical, clinical working environments.
- Standing/Walking: This activity occurs frequently and prolonged/repetitively.
- Sitting: This activity occurs frequently and prolonged/repetitively. Including when driving to customer sites and/or flying.
- Lifting/Carrying: This activity occurs infrequently and periodic with light hand tools, a tool bag, diagnostic test equipment which weighs from 5-30 lbs and replacement components which may weigh from 1-25 lbs.
- Pushing/Pulling: This activity occurs occasionally. It occurs primarily with the pushing of the SOFIA system, which weighs approximately 450 pounds. Pushing distances are typically approximately 12-24 inches.
- Bending: This activity occurs occasionally and period/prolonged in the low back. It occurs with a variety of the tasks.
- Reaching: This activity occurs rarely above the shoulders. This activity occurs occasionally and periodic below shoulder level with a variety of tasks.
- Kneeling/Crawling/Crouching: This activity occurs occasionally and periodic/prolonged. It occurs primarily while accessing the lower panels of the system.
- Balancing: This activity occurs rarely and periodic and occurs when the worker is standing.
- Twisting: This activity occurs rarely and periodic in the low back. It may occur with some of the tasks performed.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed.
- Must be able to quickly cultivate a thorough understanding of Sofia benefits and advantages in the marketplace.
- Must be self-motivated, customer driven, and able to architect solutions to complex problems faced by clinicians and Radiologists actively providing patient care.
- Strong customer relationship skills with support and call center experience
- Strong IT, networking, and computer skills
- Experience troubleshooting complex applications and software products
- Strong understanding and experience with PC and Server hardware platforms
- Knowledge of archival and storage media
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnosis, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Linux system administration
- Windows Operating systems (Server and Windows 7 and above)
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.