Location: Macedonia, OH
Job Code: SMT – 032019OH
Provide cooling, ramping and quality assurance testing for new and used super-conductive MRI magnets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Follow detailed procedures for cooling, ramping and testing superconducting magnets.
- Perform system inventory, cabling, vacuum connections, cryogen filling, ramp to full magnetic field and perform quality assurance testing and inspection.
- Work in cooperation with other activities being completed within the surrounding production space.
- Perform preventative maintenance and break fix repair maintenance on mechanical equipment including high pressure compressors, vacuum pumps and refrigeration liquefaction systems.
- Accurately complete and submit all documentation required for quality assurance testing and maintenance of all systems.
- Assist in maintenance and inventory of test gear, tools and installation equipment.
- Performs other work as directed by the Manager of Service Projects and Installations.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- High-pressure compressors;
- High-pressure gas lines; and/or
- HVAC industry experience
- Demonstrated ability at operating industrial mechanical and test equipment
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings and technical documentation
- Advanced knowledge and experience in installation, service, and supervision or maintenance of complex mechanical/electrical equipment
- Experience in cryogen liquids, refrigeration and liquefaction equipment desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to lift 70+ lbs to shoulder level unassisted required.
- Ability to work in a variety of work environments within warehouses, medical facilities and work sites under construction.
- Ability to work on ladders and work platform up to 6’ in elevation.
- Ability to physically work in high magnetic fields of up to 3 Tesla, which could dangerously affect any implanted medical devices made of ferrous material, potentially causing serious injury and/or death.
- Ability to follow all safety rules and regulations as required.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% for training and product support requirements.
- Must have valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Must have valid, active major credit card for business purposes and/or ability to obtain credit within ninety (90) days from start date.
- Must possess or be able to apply for and receive a valid US Passport within ninety (90) days from start date.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must have high aptitude towards the understanding of technical equipment and its application.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.