(Various geographic locations)
Job Code: USCAS-118
The Ultrasound Clinical Applications Specialist position is to provide diagnostic ultrasound clinical applications support to the Hitachi field sales team and to Hitachi’s customers. Additionally, position supports luminary physician accounts and provides training and support to other Applications Specialists, particularly new hires, as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Operation and demonstration of the Hitachi ultrasound system(s), in a clinical setting, for sales demonstrations.
- Provide customer training and installation of Hitachi systems at new customer accounts.
- Provide continuing clinical and product support to the Hitachi customer base as required.
- Provide clinical training and support at Hitachi luminary physician accounts.
- Provide general clinical and product application support to the Hitachi sales and marketing team.
- Professionally represent the company and demonstrate the features, benefits and clinical applications of Hitachi’s products at trade shows.
- Develop, recommend and implement product demonstration strategies.
- Collect clinical images appropriate for use in sales promotional materials.
- Support Service product troubleshooting in situations where product and clinical expertise is required to determine whether a customer problem is in the operation of the system (operator error) or by being the authority to judge if a system is up to a reasonable expectation of that particular Hitachi model’s performance.
- Provide support in the clinical evaluations of new products or new product technologies.
- Learn and maintain expert level knowledge of Hitachi’s product features, operation and application.
- Extensive travel is required
- BS degree from an accredited college/university in Radiology Science or similar field highly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a registered sonographer working within in a clinical, university or academic institution.
- Previous commercial experience is desirable.
- RDMS required. Multi-specialties required include OB/GYN, Abdomen and Vascular.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Usual office and clinical working conditions:
- Ability to use personal, public and air transportation.
- Has sufficient sight to observe to adequately view sonograms, and to distinguish different colors.
- Has sufficient hearing to respond to and interact with those involved in demos, training, etc. Has the ability to distinguish audible sounds of the equipment, such as Doppler.
- Has full use of hands, wrists, and shoulders; can extend the hands and arms in any direction up to 3-4 feet above the head; Seize, hold, grasp, turn and otherwise work with both hands; Pick, pinch, twist or otherwise work with wrists and fingers of both hands.
- Bend and stoop routinely.
- Have the verbal and written skills sufficient to respond promptly in communications with co-workers, customers, etc.
- Knowledge of PACS systems.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Customer service driven.
- A valid driver’s license with a safe driving record is required.
- Access to a national credit card for reimbursable business expenses.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified individuals should forward their resume to