Location: Twinsburg, OH or Greenville, SC
Job Code: TSS – 012019OHSC
Technical Support Specialist – Tier 1 offers advanced support of the Company’s software and services, complying with the Company’s Quality Management System.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Basic and advanced technical support , supporting the sales team, Tier 1 support, and supporting enterprise application and other products that operate on the Linux operating system
- Maintain records in ticket management configuration management systems.
- Attend operational meetings (and attendance at operational meetings), directives, goals, targets and requirements
- Provide information regarding supporting Company’s products and services, sales efforts
- Support, train, test, develop, market and promote the sale of the Company’s products and services.
- Other support and assigned duties as required.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field from a 2-year college or technical college
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- One (1) to two (2) years of professional experience as an application support specialist or similar position.
- One (1) to two (2) years of professional experience in a technical role involving a PACS application or other DICOM software.
- Strong knowledge of current IT systems and concepts along with networking and computer skills.
- Experience with Redhat/CentOS Linux shell and administration.
- Experience supporting Windows 7 or higher.
- Experience supporting Mac OS and/or Apple iOS.
- Additional preference given for PostgreSQL or similar database administration experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; talk; and hear.
- Frequently use fingers to type and do other fine motor tasks.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; stoop; kneel; or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must have extreme attention to detail.
- Must have ability to provide support on multiple projects and/or complex support issues at the same time.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and multitask within an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
- Self-starter willing to take ownership of support and implementation incidents.
- Ability to converse and write fluently in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Access to a national credit card
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified individuals should forward their resume to