Location: Midwestern US (Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN, Cleveland, OH, Dayton, OH metro areas preferred)
The Ultrasound Clinical Applications Specialist position exists to recognize individuals who have demonstrated excellence in the fulfillment of the clinical applications responsibilities as well as extensive experience and superior product knowledge with the Hitachi product line. Additionally, the Applications Specialists will be called on to support luminary physician accounts and to provide training and support to Applications Specialists (particularly new hires) as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The fundamental responsibility of this position is to provide diagnostic ultrasound clinical applications support to the Hitachi Healthcare Americas (HHA) field sales team and to HHA’s customers. The major responsibilities include the following:
- Operation and demonstration of the Hitachi ultrasound system(s), in a clinical setting, for sales demonstrations.
- Provide customer training and installation of Hitachi systems at new customer accounts.
- Provide continuing clinical and product support to the HHA customer base as required.
- Provide clinical training and support at HHA luminary physician accounts.
- Provide general clinical and product application support to the HHA sales and marketing team.
- Professionally represent the company and demonstrate the features, benefits and clinical applications of Hitachi products at trade shows.
- Develop, recommend and implement product demonstration strategies.
- Collect clinical images appropriate for use in sales promotional materials.
- Support Service product troubleshooting in situations where product and clinical expertise is required to determine whether a customer problem is in the operation of the system (operator error) or by being the authority to judge if a system is up to a reasonable expectation of that particular HHA model’s performance.
- Provide support in the clinical evaluations of new products or new product technologies.
- Learn and maintain expert level knowledge of Hitachi product features, operation and application.
- Extensive travel is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree accredited Radiology Technologist program.
- Formal training in the clinical utilization of diagnostic ultrasound.
- Experience as a clinical sonographer. Preferably at a university or academic setting.
- Previous commercial experience is desirable but not an absolute necessity.
- RDMS certification is required. Multi-specialties required include OB/GYN, Abdomen, and Vascular.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Usual office and clinical working conditions.
- Ability to use personal, public and air transportation.
- Has sufficient sight to observe to adequately view sonograms, and to distinguish different colors.
- Has sufficient hearing to respond to and interact with those involved in demos, training, etc. Has the ability to distinguish audible sounds of the equipment, such as Doppler.
- Has full use of hands, wrists, and shoulders; can extend the hands and arms in any direction up to 3-4 feet above the head; Seize, hold, grasp, turn and otherwise work with both hands; Pick, pinch, twist or otherwise work with wrists and fingers of both hands.
- Bend and stoop routinely.
- Have the verbal and written skills sufficient to respond promptly in communications with co-workers, customers, etc.
- Reside in reasonable proximity to a major airport for easy access to air-travel.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Access to a national credit card for reimbursable business expenses.
- Possess skills to organize work and self as necessary to support travel schedule and customer training activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support the needs associated with training others on the operation of medical imaging equipment and conveying to the Hitachi organization the status of the application specialist activities.
- Self-motivated to continually learn and teach others.
- Ability to identify customer concerns and product performance issues with conveying them to the Hitachi organization as well as provide suggestions and solutions for resolution.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified individuals should forward their resume to