Location: Corporate Headquarters, Twinsburg, Ohio
Job Code: PA-226
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for maintaining HHA payroll records and process payroll checks. The Payroll Administrator is also responsible for training, assisting and supervising the designated payroll backup.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Accurately maintain each employee’s payroll file including pay rate, benefit elections and deductions (section 125 plans, life insurance).
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Process monthly commission payroll.
- Process and reconcile monthly payment for employee benefits.
- Process and reconcile employee 401k and company match payment.
- Work with 401k provider in resolving administrative issues
- Work with external auditors and provide information for annual benefit plan audits.
- Maintain relationship and act as primary contact with third party payroll service provider
- Train designated payroll backup, schedule activities to ensure that the backup can process payroll and review and supervise the work performed by the backup.
- Perform internal control (SOX) testing.
- Minimum of four (4) years payroll processing experience
- ADP payroll processing experience preferred.
- CPP preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Frequently required to sit; talk; or hear.
- Frequently use fingers to type and do other fine motor tasks.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- Complete understanding of HHA’s payroll policies and procedures.
- Basic understanding of the principles and concepts related to payroll expense and accrued payroll expense.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects through completion.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to follow instructions and work independent of others.
- Strong Excel skills and experience with ADP payroll required, experience with TimeCentre desired.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to train and supervise designated payroll backup
- Proficient with 10 key.
- Experience with ADP, TimeCentre, Microsoft Solomon, Word and Excel.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified individuals should forward their resume to